Monday, March 10, 2008

After week 5

It was a bad week, which is why I needed the refocus at the end of it. Too many bad weeks in a row. The refocus was good. I had a productive weekend. I was pretty grumpy for a good part of it. But I finally came down to what I considered an interesting realization.

While I was a student, I always felt like I was working toward something. Well, now that I've graduated (I know, it's been like a decade), I'm been working in an engineering job where I will probably NEVER have any ambition, I'm happily married to a wonderful wife, I've got four awesome kids and a house and all that. I feel like I've stagnated. Don't get me wrong. I have a wonderful life. I even took a day off last week and took the older three up to play in the snow. Wow, what a GREAT time. But I don't feel like I'm working toward something.

So I need to.

My goal now, which will be the best thing for me, my wife and my kids, is to be able to work from home. I've been thinking about it for a long time. Now I need to work towards it.

So.

Either I need to win the lottery, get a different job that allows me to work from home (like writing), or ... I don't know. Any ideas?

So, this is my deal. I like writing. Fiction writing actually. Kind of funny because I don't really read fiction, a lot of non-fiction, but not much fiction. Anyway, I've been thinking and talking about this for a long time and I just need to get going on it. My goal is to write one chapter in the next two weeks. That means that next week's report will have my weight AND how much of my chapter I've completed.

238.5 lbs. 68.5 lbs to go.

1 comment:

The White Family said...

Way to go Keith! About the stay at home thing. Sometimes you just need to step out there and see what happens. I mean Doug went to his boss and said "We are moving to Texas can I work from home or should I be looking for another job." You never know what's the worst that can happen? Just a thought!

 
Clicky Web Analytics