Friday, November 2, 2007

Too far


Your average ordinary mouse or is it? I understand the desire to experiment and improve/change/modify things, I mean come on, I'm an engineer. That's kind of what we do. But messing around with genetics? That's a whole different ball of wax if you ask me. Do I want my children to be tireless amazing athletes? I dont' know. Do I want my grandkids to have superhuman strength and photographic memories? I don't know.
I think it all goes back to something that was pointed out in a great kid movie.
"When everyone is special... no one will be."
Anybody know...

3 comments:

Bill Curley said...

I am trying to catch up on your blog. You really have scored well with me on some of the content. My big problem with genetic testing is trying to determine who could or should monitor such things so that only good meddling is allowed while bad meddling is outlawed. Harken back to a previous blog entry of yours that tends to show that "big brother" Government often goes too far in regulating. There are other examples even locally where the Government is being too invasive although the "law" being enacted may have some noble purposes. California's government enacted a ban on lead bullets recently (in certain areas of hunting only of course) and now that example is (attempted to) be imported here in AZ. There was even a movement that would have outlawed all ammunition from private ownership (but not gun ownership). Please keep up your interesting thoughts as I am or appear to be too lazy to include such things in mine.

JonesGardenBlog said...

Thanks, Bill, glad you are enjoying. Some of things that are happening around the country with government really bother me. It starts small. Banning smoking in restaurants, sounds good. Then they ban it in all public places. Now parts of CA are even banning it in apartment buildings and private residences. If they can ban that, where do they stop?

There will be rioting in the street if they ban McDonald's french fries, which I'm sure are on the list. :)

Anonymous said...

The last time I checked, my Bible still said that man was created in God's image-not something I would like to have messed with!

 
Clicky Web Analytics