Thursday, November 15, 2007

Kookie, but not all bad


I have to admit that sometimes Ron Paul and even more so, Ron Paul supporters, come off as well, let's just say less than mentally stable. His foreign policy is isolationism at best, but that doesn't mean that his domestic policy doesn't have some merit. I would definitely do away with the income tax (probably substituting for something else), but I would like to see how low the budget could get by reducing spending alone. This is sorely needed in DC. I'm not sure that we should go back to the gold standard, but I think in general government needs to go on a diet and do some serious shrinking.
I also agree that we should get out of the UN and more importantly get the UN out of here.
In all I like that Ron Paul brings some different elements to the table and that he is not afraid to speak his mind, no matter how kookie he sounds sometimes.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics