Monday, November 26, 2007

A favor, if you have a minute

While I really do enjoy the fact that I get to stay up on the news and politics and such, the fact that I have THIS much free time at a job is very concerning and even stressful. For those of you who don't know, I changed jobs about a year ago and came back to the land of ON, thinking that this was a stable and thriving company and a less stressful position than I had been in at MDT. Well, that has been very true for the past year. ON has been doing well as a company and the position I'm in has been entertaining, laid back and MUCH less stressful. Until last August when we were told that our lab would be parted out to the labs in Seremban and Carmona. This was bad news.

However, I always know that God is looking out for my family and I, so I wasn't too surprised when the director pulled me aside and mentioned that they were looking to move me into a different position after the shutdown. It didn't sound like the best job, but hey, it was a job. Well the director had his last day here about two weeks ago. The last thing he said to me was, "get it in writing." Not exactly the words of encouragement that I wanted to hear.

Now I'm in a bit of a struggle here. Okay, I'm pretty stressed. Do I ride this boat out, hoping that the job they say they have for me is here, whether I like it or not? Or do I jump ship now into one of a couple of other engineering opportunities?

To complicate things further, I REALLY (in a gut wrenching kind of way) dread starting another engineering job. I don't like it. At all. Don't get me wrong, the pay is great and I feel really blessed that I've been able to support my family. But I don't like engineering. I never have. It stinks. I would love to do something else, but I have no idea what.

So... here comes the favor, if you have a minute. Pray for me and my family(because they have to deal with my stress) that God will show me what to do. More importantly that I will see what he has created me for and will have an opportunity to pursue it.

That's it. Thanks for listening/reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please know that my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family and that I am sure you will figure out what is the best direction to follow.

Anonymous said...

ok-Sweetpea-now I have to ask you a question. If I pray that God will reveal to you what it is He wants you to do-will you be willing to accept that EVEN if it means less money? You and Brandi and the boys are ALWAYS in my prayers-it is a priviledge!

kristen said...

Jump ship but follow your dreams!!! Don't wait until you are too old to do it!! Do it now! God will take care of your family and especially will bless you for doing what He designed you to do! Just Do It!!!!!

And yes we will pray for you all like always! You and B and the boys are always in my prayers. (move to Chicago).

 
Clicky Web Analytics