Thursday, February 28, 2008

Healthcare and the Constitution

I keep hearing people use the phrase, "the right to healthcare".

I'm sorry, if you would like to read the Constitution, you can do so here, or you can request your own free pocket copy from the Heritage Foundation here.

Please read through it. Several times would be good.

Please let me know where you find the "right to healthcare".

Is healthcare a good thing? Absolutely. Have I made choices in my life to assure that my family and I have healthcare coverage? Of course, it is a priority for us.

At the same time, if states want to supply medical coverage for people who can't afford it, I think that's great and they should absolutely be able to do that. That's part of the Federal system; the states have the power and authority to do these things. It works.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics