Monday, February 11, 2008

After week 1

Well, this is the first weigh in here of trying to lose weight. I have to say "trying" is a pretty loose term. I had one day where I ate 7 twinkies. I polished off close to two dozen oranges for the week. It wasn't real good.

Then yesterday we had an extra kid for the day, so after church we went to the park and played some flag football. It was a great time! We came home and played some Mario Cart and then I kicked back and watched the kids play for a while.

Then I tried to get up.

Evidently while I was resting some invisible elves came and beat my right foot with a pick axe, or at least that's what it felt like. Just killing me! Every step.

I have bad feet anyway, well, at least I've had bad feet since I've been fat. I have issues with my plantar fascia and also tendonitis in my Achilles tendons... that's right, both of them. Nice, eh?

I'm taking it as motivation, my body's way of saying, "do you really think you were MEANT to be this fat?!" I mean, really, I should be able to play football with my boys without hobbling around like some decrepit old man!

Looking at the various charts and things I should probably be in the 160-180 range. So I'll shoot for 170.

So... after my weigh in this morning... 242.5 lbs I only have 72.5 lbs to go.

Ouch! No, not the weight, just my foot again. I just keep thinking... MOTIVATION!

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics