Monday, February 4, 2008

Enough Politics... it's time for something even less encouraging

I have to lose weight.

No, I mean really.

It's sadly pathetic when you go to get out of bed and it feels like someone has been beating the bottoms of your feet with a hammer all night ( I did ask Brandi about this and she confirmed that she is not the culprit). Then while you are hobbling across the floor you realize your knee is hurting as well... no NOT the one with the torn ACL, but the OTHER one... you know... your GOOD one! Nice. This is ridiculous. I'm only 31, right?

I've read all the books. I've zoned, South Beached, Ab-ed, YOUed, Slimmed Slowed and even BREATHED my way thin... or not.

I'm trying to think back to when I was a kid and had a metabolism. What did I do back then? How did I eat? Naturally the fact that I was still growing (not out but UP) helped a bit, but that couldn't be everything.

The nice thing is that I have learned a lot about myself.
- I've learned that I'm not good at the "snack all day" plan, because once I start eating... well, let's just say I injest any food in sight.
- I find some personal satisfaction in actually getting hungry. I think there is something to be said for that.
- I'm NOT good at planning my meals for the day. Sure a sandwhich and a V8 sounds fine the night before, but the pulled pork sandwhich (Tennessee style OF COURSE) sounds so much better when it's lunch time and I just need to leave work.
- I struggle with "moderation" but I'm pretty good at cutting stuff out entirely (no candy, no ice cream in 2008!)

So...where does that leave me.

I think the best thing for me is three square meals a day. No snacking. Not too restrictive at the meals, but no seconds. Get a good portion and enjoy! Try and be healthy about the selections, or... at least not too unreasonable.

Hmmm... I wonder how that will be.

As a sword in the back... I'll weigh in every Monday morning and report it here. Not saying anyone will actually see it, but I'll at least feel like I had to admit it to somebody (or at least to the computer :)

So... all time worst weight was 1/1/07 = 251 lbs.

This morning was 245 lbs. Ouch. That hurt.

2 comments:

The White Family said...

I don't know if you will find comfort in this but Doug feels the exact same way. He played basketball at church the other night because he needed the exercise but was paying the price for a couple of days after. I just keep trying to convience him that he's not a spring chicken anymore, face it he's MIDDLE AGED!

Marna said...

Hey Keith,
If you get it figured out, let me in on the secret. Seems like it should be so simple.

 
Clicky Web Analytics