Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm kind of spoiled like that...

It started with Hunter and Jacob, who sang happy birthday to me in the car the moment they stepped in from the curb at their school. That was cute.

When I walked in the door, Kyle came running up and gave me a big hug and said happy birthday, then handed me my present from the boys. It was a Mega Tommy 20 shot dart gun. Very cool! Battery powered, semi automatic dart gun... they don't stand a chance now! :)

There were some messages for me on the answering machine, including some very spirited :) singing by my wonderful nieces and nephews in Chicago, who will be coming out to visit... very soon!

My sweet wife made an incredible batch of her homemade chicken fettucini alfredo (which supplied lunch today as well) along with garlic bread and ceasar salad. Then a chocolate and mint flavored cake with mocha frosting which was a great twist on my latest coffee obsession.

Throw in a couple of rounds of Mario Cart... it was a really fun evening.

3 comments:

kristen said...

Hey you didn't mention the rip roaring rendition of happy birthday from your gorgeous nieces and nephews!!!

Happy Birthday old man!!

K.

Anonymous said...

Old man??!! that's my baby you are talking about!!

JonesGardenBlog said...

Oh man! How could I forget the messages on the answering machine. I listened a couple of times. Very special. I will append the entry.

Thanks, everybody.

Yes, mom, I'm old... sorry.

 
Clicky Web Analytics