Monday, April 7, 2008

After week 9

So, the flavor of the month/week/day/hour :) is this. First of all after starting the week horribly I decided that I should not eat fast food if I'm alone. I say that because I usually grab fast food at lunch as a quick thing and end up eating too much through the drive through window. As a family, we really don't eat it that often, so I thought that would be a good way to moderate how much fast/unhealthy food I was eating. So that's the first thing.

Then I started watching the way my kids ate. Kyle is a snacker and a pretty good snacker at that. He loves fruit and cheese. We've even found an empty bag of chocolate chips on more than one occasion. Pretty sneaky considering it was a big bag and we never really caught on. Hmmm.... got to watch that kid. Hunter is more like me, he eats what you put in front of him. If he likes it, he eats a lot of it. Fortunately his metabolism can take it right now and if he keeps this up he'll be about 6'4'' tall and he'll still be able to eat quite a bit. The one I found intriguing was Jacob. He eats an enormous breakfast, for instance, yesterday I made french bread french toast and bacon for breakfast. Jacob ate four full pieces of the toast (I ate two) and four pieces of bacon, plus a glass of milk. Lunch, he backs off quite a bit and he hardly eats ANYTHING for dinner. That's just what he does day in and day out naturally, but it seems like a pretty good plan.

So... my current deal is:
- no candy, no ice cream for 2008 (my new year's resolution)
- no fast food while I'm by myself (this means bringing lunch from home)
- Big breakfast, small lunch, small dinner
- no snacking
- no eating after 8pm (period)

I have been doing this for about three days (laugh here). I was up a few pounds for the week when I started, but after the last three days, ended a pound down for the week. We'll see how long it lasts, but right now it doesn't seem too bad. I really get to eat at breakfast, but have to behave at lunch and only really feel the pinch in the late afternoon and then again when I get my late night cravings.

Anyway, that's for the eating. The writing... that definitely took a hit this week. We started a small group on Thursday evenings to go through a marriage study, which meant that my normal writing night was spent cleaning, sweeping and mopping. I thought I would move my writing night to Sunday nights, since I never like to go to bed on Sundays anyway (you know, because if you go to bed that means that you have to get up and go to work on Monday, it's a denial thing). Unfortunately that didn't happen last night because of some of some other stuff going on.

Weigh in: 238 lbs 68 lbs to go
Writing: 0 pages, 6 pages total

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics