Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Thoughts

First of all the speech was okay, I've read through most of it, nothing too memorable. There were some good points and some bad. The biggest flub of the day had to have been Pres. Obama jumping the gun on the oath of office and then Chief Justice Roberts completely hosing it up after that. If there were any memorable moments about the day, that would have to be it. Next time instead of the official inaugural poem they should have a contest by fifth graders. I would bet good money that you would have come up with a better product.

Of everything that I have heard and read about the inauguration, I would have to say that THIS MOMENT is the most low class moment by far.





I would have hoped to see a little more respect for someone who has led our nation for eight tough years. ANY president deserves at least that much.



Here is Rahm Emanuel proving why he should be the President's Chief of Staff.


















***Update: Like I said, I thought the speech was okay, definitely not one of his best and it failed to ignite the exposive crowd in front of him, but if you are looking for an articulate and rosy spin on it, check out this commentary

3 comments:

Bill Curley said...

Eight years ago the incoming administration was treated by the outgoing administration with much disrespect. So, why did you expect anything different this time? Some sectors of the political world have lost touch with maintaining the dignity of Government and respecting the opposition. With this attitude, what are the chances for this new administration in creating a more unified nation? In my opinion, there is little hope for this and a better chance for increasing our disunity.

JonesGardenBlog said...

I guess I was just 'hoping' for more. As I recall there was quite a bit of disrespect by the administration staff going out last time too. Wonder if we'll hear reports of 'O's missing from keyboards this time.

Guess I'm kind of an optimist like that. I would really like people to show their best side.

Anonymous said...

What class! We'll see how things are in a year-Obama may be very gray and struggling-like Jimmy Carter. I am praying that he does call on the name of the Lord-if he does-we have hope.
The new Chief of Staff-real classy!

 
Clicky Web Analytics