Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I have a stimulus headache!

When I first started looking at this entirely unmanageable stimulus bill it was over 300 pages, which approaches unreasonable.

As H.R. 1 now stands it is 1588 pages. There are only a couple of reasons a single bill would ever be that big. The first is that the desire was to make it so complex and obtuse that no one would be able to read, understand, and keep track of every part of it. This coincides with the amount of money (nearly a TRILLION DOLLARS!) associated with it. Quite frankly, with that much money and a bill this large and complicated, you would need an extra BILLION dollars just to set up an agency to monitor the corruption being proliferated in the name of this bill. The second reason you would make a bill this big is to make sure that you had enough pork in it to offend every Jew, Muslim, and vegetarian on the planet. This bill is nothing more than a 'pat on the back' pay back to the groups that propelled the Democrats into power. I'm disgusted and overwhelmed at the stupidity of this whole thing.

I know the economic situation is tough, I see it every day (more layoffs in my company coming today), but this doesn't even approach being a responsible or EFFECTIVE approach. This is a power grab! This is outrageous! I'm nauseous...

2 comments:

Bill Curley said...

I am saddened by this whole empty headed affair. I feel that the people have been ignored by their representatives. Maybe what is really needed is a "do over" of the election where a real attempt should be made to get more local control away from the Federal Government.

JonesGardenBlog said...

If only that were possible. I am afraid that America needs to learn the pain associated with the phrase, "elections have consequences."

It's too bad we can't have some type of "no confidence" vote and flush the whole lot of them from the President on down the line.

 
Clicky Web Analytics