Friday, November 14, 2008

Have you EARNED your man card?

PM put together a list of the 100 things that a man should be able to do. I heard about this on the radio this morning and the DJs were remarking that they only got about 25%. I'm not too shabby with SOME do it yourself things, so I thought I would at least take the test and see what I got.

Some of them are pretty basic, some are a bit more complicated. A few of the things I've seen, but never done myself (like using a stick welder). I'm pretty sure I could, but I didn't want to count it, since I didn't KNOW I could do it.

I think I can keep my man card, I got an 89%. Not too shabby. I think I'll growl a few times and go rewire a power supply!

3 comments:

Bill Curley said...

Although the listed skills are all quite desirable, I believe he missed a few. A sample of some(but not all) towqrd each category are:

Automotive
9a wash car & vacuum interior
9b get service performed by qualified tech in a timely fashion

Emergencies
13a open bottle or can without standard opener
Home
42a put dirty clot
hes in hamper
42b learn to put the seat down

Medical
47a remove paper from around bandaid

Military Know-How
50a learn to take orders(direction)/give orders
50b be punctual

Outdoors
56a read a map(&understand it)
Survival
57.&a Build a fire in the wilderness/ but do not burn down forest or brush

Surviving Extremes
64a calm irate wife or girlfriend

Teach Your Kids
75a clean room
75b straighten up mess
75c complete homework/school assignments on time
75d to get a job

Technology
80a set time on cell phone or car
80b know when to repair or when to replace something

Master These Key Workshop Tools
100a screw driver (recognize different types)
100b hammer

JonesGardenBlog said...

I think I like your list better! That was classic, Bill.

Tom said...

While the list MSN Compiled was good, I don't think they have the Authority to declare who is and is not manly. Thats left up to us here at OfficialManCard.com.

Stay Manly My Friends....

 
Clicky Web Analytics