Monday, February 2, 2009

Mitch... you're killin' me... not as much as the others... but you're still killin' me.

Excuse me?

Normally I like Mitch McConnell, but on some occasions he frustrates me. In this case, I’m not sure what all is going through his head.

I would assume that this is more of a political ploy than anything. The ‘stimulus plan’ is bad, just bad. Mitch McConnell wants to get American families into lower interest loans to free up money and get people spending again. I understand that and if I could get a 4% interest load, I would take it.

But his plan is the bad. Not as bad as the rest of the ‘stimulus’ but still bad. Let’s see, politicians want to tell the government owned mortgage companies, that shouldn't exist, how to run their business and force them to take low interest loans. Then they want those same messed up government owned mortgage companies, that shouldn’t exist, to put pressure on banks to make these low interest loans to ‘credit worthy borrowers’.

Let’s see, didn’t we get INTO this whole mess because politicians were telling Fannie and Freddie to open up loans to people and make it easier for people to get loans? Didn’t that roll down hill in a giant mound of excrement when Fannie and Freddie put that same pressure on banks to make bad loans? Banks that are now either failing or going to the government for a hand out?

How do you clean up a mess by repeating the cycle?

I appreciate the effort. And I appreciate the fact that he appears to be the only one trying to help people that have been good about actually paying their bills.

I’m just disappointed that the first thought isn’t to retract the size, scope, and cost of the government and roll out massive tax cuts. In tough times you stick to the principles.

Smaller government.

Lower taxes.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics