Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Real Environmental Science

I've been out for a bit on an unpaid "vacation" and enjoyed some time away from the computer, but I'm back, for my 600th post! Wow, I need to get a life.



Anyway....



If you’ve read anything on my blog you would know that I am a ‘global warming skeptic”. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t believe in abusing our planet, just the contrary, huge efforts should be made to help and to pressure China and India to clean up some of the worst pollution in human history flowing down what were once pristine and sacred rivers. When the claims are backed up with solid science, I am all for practicing sane and healthy environmental protections.

This is not the case for global warming. A conference recently put on by Heartland.org on climate change is a great example of what I am talking about. Instead of saying that there is a “consensus” on global warming or that to debate the science behind the issue is “silly” as Al Gore has recently claimed, Heartland.org looked at the actual science. By science of course I mean things like facts, evidence, and data, something severely lacking in the global warming hysterics. The science is very revealing. CO2 emissions have ZERO effect on global warming or cooling or global temperatures whatsoever. This is my favorite visual from the presentations.

















As I’ve said before and numerous scientists and climatologists have pointed out, global temperatures correlate very closely to sun activity.

Unfortunately this is not what we are hearing from the current administration. They are using the same old phrases such as “man made global warming”.

When someone is using slogans and scare tactics to try and convince you of an impending doom that is not supported by evidence or logic, you really need to question his motives.

The answer is control and money. Cap and trade is going to be put forward soon either through direct legislation or by the EPA under the Clean Air Act. Either way, it’s a bad deal, based on bad science, for the purpose of controlling businesses and exacting tax dollars from places where they could not be taken before.

This is going to be a big fight. And it should be. Don’t concede the issue. The science doesn’t support it. Check the motives. Check the facts. Call you representatives and tell them if they vote for capping carbon you are going to vote for capping their political career.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics