Monday, December 17, 2007

Hmmm... Mike, you're killing me!

No, not my brother Mike. Mike Huckabee. Sometimes the hardest thing for a politician to do is to keep their mouth shut, or their computer silent. The Huckabee surge could be followed by the Huckabee kaboom if he keeps being symptomatic of foot in mouth. First their was the whole Mormon statement during the NYT interview. I mean come on. The answer to all of the questions about differences in religion between himself and Romney is simply, "It has nothing to do with this race. I am a Christian man of morals and strong convictions that have shaped my character. I do not know what exactly Mr Romney believes, but that is between him and God." That's it. The end. Any more questions on it should be flatly refused. Stick to the issues. Stick to principles. This is not about a debate between Mormonism and Christianity.

Now it comes round to foreign affairs. Evidently not Mike's strong suit. I can tell you that "the base" of the party are the ones that vote in a primary. The base does not want to hear that we have been too rough with people like Iran. The base wants to hear that we are going to stop mad men in their tracks and we will do it alone if we have to. BTW this is one of the ONLY issues that we really LIKE GWB on, so don't harp on him for it. In this regard GWB should be honored and held up. If you want to get on him, pick something easy, like border enforcement (also popular with the base), pick fat government, pick entitlements, pick pork barrel spending, pick stupid moves like Harriet Myers, but then follow up with good things like John Roberts. Come ON PEOPLE!!!

I need to go look at Fred's site again. I hear he has some detailed policy issues up on his site and I like the smack down at the worthless Iowa debate.

Good piece in NRO on this.

1 comment:

A. Renee Daley said...

We're always looking for a few good Fred Heads!

 
Clicky Web Analytics